Dear patients and new patients....
Following the latest announcement from the prime minister and guidance from the SMAE Institute, I am now very thankfully able to resume appointments. I am currently contacting all patients starting with those patients in the most need.
If there are patients who I haven't called please feel free to call/text/email me.
For any new patients please phone/text/email me to discuss a new appointment.
Please understand that I will need to ask some necessary questions before treatment for all patients both existing and new.
Stay safe and well everybody and very glad to be back with you all !!(if only on a reduced schedule).
1. All patients will be asked if they are fit and well as far as they know.
2. Do they have any symptoms such as a dry cough, a temperature, loss of smell or taste.
3. Have they had the virus?
4. Any patients who have been abroad must be clear of any symptoms for 14 days.
5. During treatment protective clothing will be worn or used i.e. uniform, an apron, gloves, couch roll and a mask as necessary.
6.. All instruments are autoclaved, packaged and sterile.
7. IPA Isopropyl Alcohol will be used to clean feet prior to consultation and alcohol hand gel will be used before gloves are put on and after they are removed.
8. If there are any other questions that patients would like to ask regarding Covid 19 I am more than happy to answer them to the best of my knowledge.
The virus lives in the throat for 3/4 days before it enters your lungs.
1. Wash hands regularly for 20 seconds especially when entering your house. Preferably wash with an antibacterial soap but any soap can be used.
2. Metallic surfaces can carry the virus for approx 3 days in some cases and it can also be carried on your clothes and hair.
3. Take sips of warm water every 15/20 mins if possible. This keeps your mouth moist and helps to wash the virus down into your stomach where it will be neutalised by your gastic juices instead of entering the lungs.
4. Try to drink hot drinks regularly. The virus cannot thrive in hot conditions and heat will kill it.
5. Gargling with an antiseptic in warm water such as TCP, vinegar, salt or lemon to help neutalise the virus.
6. Social distancing - try to stay 2 metres away from each other.
7. Sunlight neutalises the virus. Hanging clothes in the sunlight can help neutalise any virus on your clothes.
8. Animals do not carry the virus. This is a person to person virus.
9.Finally do not smoke.